The Yelp online business directory over the years has become an essential tool. For people choosing a restaurant, salon or bar, reviews on the platform serve as an indicator of the quality of a particular business. It may ultimately attract or prevent customers from giving the business the first try when you write reviews for businesses on Yelp that you later regret for some reason. Fortunately, Yelp allows users to make mistakes and remove yelp reviews.
How will you delete a Yelp review on a computer?
The steps to remove yelp reviews on your computer are given by,
- Sign in to your Yelp account on a browser on your Mac or PC.
- In the right corner of the screen, click on your profile picture and name to open the profile page.
- On your profile page, click the “Reviews” tab on the left side of the screen.
- In the “Reviews” section, browse reviews if you find a review that you want to remove from your profile. To delete a review, click on the trash can icon.
- After clicking the trash icon, you will be notified to a new page. By asking you to choose a reason for deletion of the review along with the option to provide additional information, click “Delete Review”.
How will you delete a Yelp review on a mobile device?
The steps to remove yelp reviews on your mobile device are given by,
- First you can open the Yelp app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap the icon labelled “Me” at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down the page to tap “Reviews” to open all reviews you have previously published on Yelp.
- Scroll through your Yelp reviews and tap the review you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the review and tap the “Delete Review” option again. A new page will open again, asking you to explain why you want to remove the review from the site.
What are the benefits of removing bad reviews from yelp?
Increase the conversion rate: Including customer reviews on a business website can increase conversion rates by 270%, and customers who read positive reviews spend 31% more on business products on average. On the other hand, four in five consumers change their minds about a purchase after reading negative reviews online.
Driving business growth and longevity: Adding 1 star to your business’s Yelp page can increase your revenue by 5-9%. A business can lose up to 22% of potential customers when it comes to a single negative review online. This can increase by almost 66% if three or more negative articles are found.
Support your business’s online reputation: Your business’s online reputation is more important than traditional advertising. In fact, approximately 75% of consumers distrust traditional advertising practices. Online reviews also influence 67.7% of consumers’ purchasing decisions. It help your business grow, removing negative reviews can also prevent a “monkey sees, monkey do” situation. Consumers tend to follow the stereotype for better or worse. People tend to post bad reviews if they see other people posting bad reviews.