Alt.tag: exploring the middle east as a couple
Ever dreamed of an exotic Mediterranean adventure with your significant other? Traveling as a couple can be one of the most exciting ways to explore the world. It’s a chance to spend more quality time together, make unforgettable memories, and therefore strengthen your relationship. The Middle East is one of the destinations that has it all – rich culture, friendly people, and exquisite cuisine. You can have once in a lifetime experience of something unique and fascinating – and this is why you should check out our guide to exploring the Middle East as a couple.
Middle East – basic information you should know
It’s not uncommon for the Western world to know little about the culture and countries of the Middle East. This unique region is so much more than we know about it, and you can make some unforgettable memories here if you plan the visit well. Let’s begin your exploration by learning some basic facts first. This part of the world includes a variety of countries – Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. This region lies between Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Mediterranean Sea, and it was the place where many ancient civilizations were formed.
Most of the countries are part of the Arab world, but there are some non-Arabs, too – for example, people from Iran are known as Persians. This has nothing to do with religion, but ethnicity. However, most of the people are of Islam religion, but there are many Arab Christians and Arab Jews.
The best time to visit the Middle East
Due to its location, the Middle East has very hot summers. This means you should avoid the summer months and visit in spring or autumn. Pick dates in March, April, May, or sometime between September and November. You can expect warm days and cool nights, which is perfect for sightseeing. When it comes to moving to middle eastern countries, experts from fourwinds-ksa.com advise the winter season. You’ll enjoy your moving experience and won’t have to worry about your belongings surviving high temperatures.
Couples exploring the Middle East should know that most countries come with quite conservative and strict etiquette regarding the way you act and dress publicly. There are many traditions, customs, and rules, and all visitors should be respectful of the local culture. In most places, both women and men should wear modestly, even though they don’t need to go and buy the same clothes locals wear. Long sleeves, pants, and dresses are preferred so be sure to pick light clothes that cover legs, shoulders, neck, etc. Furthermore, visiting any religious sites such as mosques requires women to wear scarves on their heads. Finally, couples should be careful when showing affection to each other. Expressing affection toward your loved one in public is frowned upon, so it’s best to avoid doing that until you are alone in your accommodation.
Where to go?
This is probably the hardest question to answer when it comes to exploring the Middle East as a couple. Middle Eastern countries are filled with amazing places of culture, history, and nature, so it’s hard to pick favorites. However, you can start narrowing your choices with the list of the most popular tourist destinations:
- Istanbul, Turkey – this magical city is surely one of the top places to visit in the Middle East, but don’t forget Turkey is home to more interesting locations such as Pamukkale, Cappadocia, Ephesus, and more.
- Petra, Jordan – this ancient city is a true representation of the magical country of Jordan. Its beauty is not something you can grasp through pictures, so be sure to include it in your Middle East Adventure.
- Doha, Qatar – this amazing city was the center of the sports world in 2022, being the location of the World Cup. However, Doha is an attractive tourist destination for many reasons – impressive architecture, breathtaking skyline, and many cultural attractions.
- Dubai, UAE – couples love traveling to Dubai, as it represents the modern part of the Middle East. It’s the city of the future, and it’s developing every minute. You can visit this place even in winter and have fun at the beach, but also have unique indoor experiences such as skiing in the summer.
- Abu Dhabi, UAE – The United Arab Emirates’ capital is surely one of the top places to visit. It’s more conservative than Dubai but offers year-round sunshine, beautiful beaches, rich culture, and opportunities to have fun in the desert.
- Dammam, Saudi Arabia – this gem of the KSA is one of the most populous cities in this country, and surely one of the top tourist destinations. You can easily visit Dammam from the UAE and explore its attractions. Dammam is also popular among young professionals improving their careers in a foreign country. So, in case you decide to become an expat after this travel, don’t forget that professionals are at your disposal for a safe move to the KSA.
- Jerusalem, Israel – if you want to go back in time, you should go to Jerusalem. It’s the holy city of three main religions, so it’s the best place to know more about them. History lovers will enjoy exploring the streets of this amazing city and discovering its role in history that lead to the world we live in today.
The Middle East is so much more than these places. Make sure you explore your options a bit before you choose the places to visit. Narrow your choices according to how much time you have to travel, your budget, and your interests. But one thing is for sure – this part of the world offers everything you could possibly want. Past and future, history and culture, amazing food, hospitality, and a totally different travel experience.
We’re sure that exploring the Middle East as a couple will be an adventure to remember, and will help you make memories with your significant other you’ll never forget. This is a destination you can go to on your honeymoon, to celebrate an anniversary, or simply bond with each other by doing something you both like – exploring the world.
Meta: Discover the world with your loved one – here’s the guide to exploring the Middle East as a couple and having the best adventure ever.